The vision for a 24/7 House of Prayer in the city of Perth was planted in the hearts of God’s people many years ago but in 2012 God began accelerating this vision within us. He said, “It’s time for the House of Prayer” and this word sent us on a journey of seeking Him for clarity as to what He wanted this House of prayer to look like. In February 2013 a group of 90 people from 30 different churches or ministries gathered to wait on the Lord! A few months later HOPEWA was birthed with this vision:
HOPEWA is the Christian community worshiping and praying together continuously for the transformation of our city, state and beyond.
At the heart of God’s strategy was a story from Exodus 17 where we find Moses on the mountain with his hands raised to the throne of heaven, while Joshua fights the battle against the Amalekites. As long as Moses’ hands are lifted, Joshua is victorious. As soon as Moses’ hands begin to fall, Joshua and his army begin experiencing defeat. God was revealing through this story the importance of prayer and worship (Moses) as key in our battle for souls in our city and beyond! Both worship and prayer and the mission to share the Good News to the lost and broken are needed to ensure victory!
Since April 2013 HOPEWA has been connecting with pastors and churches across the city and state and hosting nights of united prayer and worship. We were also led to begin bi-monthly prayer meetings for the Persecuted Church in 2015.
Our evenings consist of worship and prayer as the Lord leads which usually includes a variety of expressions through the night: instrumental worship for quiet reflection, corporate worship, corporate prayer, prayer in small groups or in pairs, and prayer stations are set up that can be engaged with at any time. Throughout the 3 hours different worship leaders/teams from different churches take shifts in leading us. No two nights are ever the same, which makes it quite an adventure with the Lord and one another! Each meeting, while hosted by a particular church, is open to anyone in the Body of Christ.
1. To provide OPPORTUNITES for the CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY, including every
– Denomination, Generation & Nation
2. To WORSHIP & PRAY together CONTINUOUSLY
– To exalt Jesus as Lord over our city, state and nation
– To be a catalyst for connecting the Church in seeking God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done among us
– To contend together for righteousness, justice and truth to prevail
– To provide a place where 24/7 day and night prayer and praise are offered on behalf of our city, state and the nations
– To communicate the revelation received in the HOP to the church through various means.
3. For the TRANSFORMATION of the CITY, STATE & BEYOND
– To see the Church united to reveal Jesus to the world to the Glory of God (Jn 17)
– To see the Church in Perth fulfilling its mandate to be an Antioch City (Acts 13: worshipping, praying, fasting, sending)
– To see the City shining as a Light to the World (Perth the City of Light).
Our ultimate goal is to have a location in the city where the Body of Christ from across the city is partnering together to sustain 24/7 worship and prayer!
We hope you and your church will unite with us in being the CHURCH that with one heart and mouth is glorifying the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 15:6) in this great city of Perth!
OUR ADVISORY TEAM
Pastor Paul Botha
Pastor One Church Perth
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Pastor Candace Lahr
Leadership Team Member, Director
Leadership Team Member
Leadership Team Member, Treasurer