MONTHLY PRAYER FOCUS
JULY 2019: PRAYING FOR OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
We continue to uphold our Prime Minister and our government as they return to Parliament and seek to faithfully lead our nation with integrity, humility and honour.
Let’s pray for God to help them….
- Honour one another in their dialogues and discussions, especially in the midst of conflicting opinions.
- Be humble in their communications with one another by taking the time to truly listen to one another.
- Be filled with integrity in their approach and researching of each issue they are responsible to make decisions on.
Let’s pray for their souls…
“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men – the testimony given in its proper time.” 1 Timothy 2:1-6
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men…..For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf; Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. As God’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For he says, “In the time of my favour I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favour, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 5:10-11a, 5:14-6:2
- Ask the Father to put a person or persons or group of people who are lost on your heart….
- Repent of any thoughts or words of death you may have spoken over them in the past….ask God to remove any effects of these curses that have been at work in them by these words
- Ask for the Father to help you see them as He sees them
- Ask the Father to release angels to deal with the spiritual forces of darkness at work in their lives to steal, kill and destroy and deceive them
- Ask the Father to release His transforming presence through your heart and prayers….His light, revelation, love, truth, conviction….
“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Matthew 16:19
- BIND UP: Every high thing and argument that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, proud and arrogant thoughts of the heart, deception and lies, worldly wisdom, oppressive and unclean spirits, worldly or ungodly passions and ambitions
- LOOSEN: Revelation of Jesus Christ as the way, the truth, the life, the Good Shepherd, the Saviour of the world, the Hope of the world, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, the King, etc.
HOW CAN YOU BE INVOLVED?
Beginning on 1st April the House of Prayer at 8 Bronzewing Street, Huntingdale will be open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. Each day will focus on a different theme but be open for us to pray into any particular issue related to that theme. And if you want to come in to pray either on your own or on some other topic, then there are alternative prayer rooms you can use! As things unfold there will also be certain hours each day that we are praying into specific topics within that theme.
MONDAY: Sitting at Jesus’ feet
This day is about beginning our week ministering to Jesus and simply sitting at His feet listening and enjoying Him.
TUESDAY: City and State
This day is about praying for our city and state – the leaders, the people, the issues, and our prophetic words and redemptive gifts!
This day is about praying for our nation – the leaders, the people, the issues, and our prophetic words and redemptive gifts!
THURSDAY: The Nations
This day is about praying for the nations! Some sessions will be for specific nations the Lord is leading us to focus on, others will be open to however the Spirit is leading at the moment, and it will also include praying for the Persecuted Church in certain nations.
2:30-4:00 Praying for Israel
4:00-5:30 Praying for Japan (Not meeting in July)
See our FLYER for days and locations where we pray for the Persecuted Church!
This day will focus on praying for missions and evangelism both home and abroad. God has highlighted the chaplains in all areas of our society (school, hospital, sports, street, prison) to uphold as part of this day, including from 7:00-9:00 pm each week, except the first Friday of each month.
If you would like to meet with a member of the HOPEWA Leadership team to discuss the options then please use our CONTACT PAGE.