MONTHLY PRAYER FOCUS
HAPPY NEW YEAR HOPEWA FRIENDS!
We have officially moved out of the Gosnells facility! However, they have graciously allowed us to store our things there in a couple rooms until the end of January, which gives us some time to consider what’s next! Candace is temporarily staying in a home in Gosnells while a family is on holiday. Thanks to Don and Deb, Mike, Kim, Cynthia, Chris, Jesse, Bradley, Joanne, Kelly and Keith who all pitched in to help us pack up!! You guys were amazing!
“I AM GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!”
If you have ever seen “The Hobbit” you will recognise this sentence as the Hobbit packs his bags and runs through his shire to join a group of Dwarves he has recently met who are on their way to reclaim their homeland. As we begin a new year together, I think it is safe to say that God has us on an adventure too! Much like Abraham, He has told us to go, without knowing where we are going and so we align our hearts with the word of God and LIVE BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT!
As a HOPEWA leadership we are meeting to pray, worship and seek the Lord for what is on His heart for us in 2019 and so we would appreciate your prayers. We will be going back to the words God gave us at the very beginning of this journey in 2013 as over 90 of us gathered to seek the Lord together. These words are what have guided us all along the way as God shows us which words He is unfolding in each season.
40 DAYS OF PRAYER AND FASTING:
Day 40 of 2019 is 9 February! Why is this important? It is the day we welcome Franklin Graham, not only to Perth, but to Australia, as it is his first night of his Australian tour to 6 cities. God has highlighted to us that he is here on day 40 and so we would like to encourage you to consider how you might join in praying and fasting during this 40 days especially for SOULS TO COME OUT OF THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS INTO THE KINGDOM OF LIGHT! This heart cry for souls is being heard all across our nation through the prayer networks and so it is not hard to believe that God has a harvest of souls on His heart and mind! Here are some suggestions for the 40 days….
1) Read and pray through Exodus, which is the only book of the Bible with exactly 40 chapters…particularly asking the Lord to reveal how to pray for the lost or what to declare over them.
2) Read and pray through Psalm’s 1-40. Notice chapter 40 verses 9-10 falls on the day Franklin is in Perth:
“I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O Lord. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.”
3) Declare every day for 40 days the blood of Jesus that speak a better word over the souls of this nation….Declare Colossians 1 and 2 that the blood of Jesus has reconciled and made peace with all things in heaven and on earth and has disarmed the powers and authorities in the heavenly realms!
May the Lord bless and keep you in 2019 and make His face shine upon you with grace and peace!
Candace on behalf of the HOPEWA team
Jared, Diana, Chidi, Paul, James
UPCOMING PRAYER MEETINGS
HOW CAN YOU BE INVOLVED?
As you can see, part of the strategy God has given us is to take the HOP to the church. YES, that’s right, the HOP comes to YOU! If your church is interested in hosting a night it would involve the following:
• A 3-hour prayer meeting on any evening except Monday (we can be flexible with this)
• The church is open for set up at least two hours before the start of the meeting (to set up prayer stations)
• A separate area from the sanctuary (or whatever area we use to set up the HOP) for us to set up a hospitality area
• An individual or team from your congregation to start the night in worship for the first hour to hour and a half, but this is not essential if not possible
• Someone to assist with sound/power points and set up for worship teams
If you would like to meet with a member of the HOPEWA Leadership team to discuss the options then please use our CONTACT PAGE.